Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mesquite Band Competition


In case you wonder where we spend our Saturdays in the fall - this is it - band competition is in full swing.  This is the competition that was held at Mesquite High School here in Gilbert the first weekend of fall break.  Here is the Gilbert Tiger Pride Marching Band taking the field with their 2011 show - Juxtaposition.  Woo-Hoo!


In the center is the band director, Lance Libby.  He is a great leader - the kids all like him (really like him) and he gets them to work extremely hard with little complaint. 


Bryce is one of five trombones in the band.  That's him on the far right.


Bryce - again on the right.  It's hard to get a picture of his face since he always has his instrument up.  They are supposed to play to the stadium box, so that puts their bell up high.


We used band competitions as an excuse to acquire a new lens for our camera.  Not too bad from up in the grandstand.


That's Bryce in the center of the picture.  Yes, I know this is a lot of pictures of one band performance.  Bryce enjoys them though.  You can page through quickly - he'll never know.


A good shot of some of the trombones with Bryce in the center.


I like this shot because you can tell they are on the move.


The big finish! 

The band came away with 2nd place and a caption for the guard.  Great job, Bryce (and the other 122 band members)!!

2 comments:

Suzanne Barker said...

I love marching bands! And I enjoy watching the competitions. Go Bryce! Are you guys going to the Fiesta Bowl Parade again this year?

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I really enjoyed getting to see Bryce and hear the band all play this year at the football games. I think Bryce did a super job and always looked so handsome.
One thing that I have never paid that much attention to in the past is that the band moves around so much. You have to be really good to play as well as they do and still be able to move around like they do. Way to go Tiger Band!