Sunday, November 7, 2010
Got Limes??
We have a Mexican Lime tree in our backyard. When we planted our citrus trees, our landscape designer suggested Mexican Lime as opposed to Bearss Lime. We are so glad we followed his suggestion. Our lime tree bares fruit about three times a year. The limes are small and yellow, but they are juicy and flavorful. Similar to a Key Lime.
Our tree had a bountiful crop, so Adam decided he wanted to have a Limeade stand. We had so many limes we also bagged some up and added a limeade recipe so we could pass some fruit along.
On Saturday afternoon, Adam set up his Limeade Stand on the main street in our neighborhood. He made a sign for his table (Limeade 50 cents) and we made another to put in the street (see it down the road). Adam expected hordes of people to flock to his stand. After 20 minutes and 3 customers, he wanted to quit. But with a little encouragement, he stuck it out for a little more than an hour.
One hour later he was $8 richer and satisfied with his foray into the world of business. Thanks to all our kind neighbors who stopped to buy limes and limeade. You made Adam's day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I think that's great. Are the lime-ad kits still for sale? I'll take one
Brittany, we've still "got limes" so come on by for a bag, or two, or three....
We were sadly at a funeral on Saturday and we missed the limeade sale. Darn it! I'm a huge sucker for lemonade and limeade stands. I love them! Next time you ever do this CALL ME. I will be down in a flash. Also if you have any more limes for sale and the recipe I'll buy a bag. Maybe Adam can get a few dollars richer:)
Post a Comment