Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Prom 2013
Somehow the computer is letting me post pictures again. Hooray!! I'll probably try to go back and do a little catch up, but I think I'll start with current happenings and go forward for now.
Here is Bryce ready for prom, all decked out in his vest and bow tie. This is just before he headed out the door to pick up Tori. He got all dressed up for Winter formal in a suit, but wanted to do something different for prom. The clerk at the tux rental questioned him twice about the vest and the bow tie not matching in color, but since their flowers were yellow, he wanted a yellow bow tie. He looks pretty handsome.
Here is Bryce with his very good friend, Tori, back at our house for prom dinner.
We offered to put on dinner in the backyard instead of the traditional restaurant dinner. Bryce and Tori got excited about the idea. Tori's mom did the decorations, and we did the food. They chose a menu of fondue, and we took it from there. The menu for the evening was:
First course: Cheese fondue with bread, apples, pears and broccoli for dipping.
Intermezzo: Lemon sorbet to cleanse the pallet.
Second course: Broth fondue with shrimp, steak, chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers with seven different dipping sauces.
Dessert: Chocolate mousse with whipped cream and raspberries.
Bryce and Tori invited two other couples to join them for dinner. From l to r are Bryce, Tori, Ivy, Danny, Becca and Dayton. All friends from band.
I think the pictures of the décor are on Dan's phone, perhaps I can add them later. We placed a table out in the gazebo by the pool. The table was complete with white tablecloth and black overlay, sliver chargers, goblets for water and sparkling cider, name plates, balloons, pom-poms and glittery bows on the chairs. In fact, we will probably have glitter on the patio and in the house for the next several months!
Here is our excellent serving staff: Dennis (Becca's dad), Ray (Tori's dad) and Dan (obviously Bryce's dad). They were a crack-up and added just the right touch to the dinner. (Check out Ray's red shoes!)
The theme for prom was masquerade - although the attendees were told they could not wear masks to the dance. Tori had purchased these cool masks in Italy when she was there last summer, and when they heard the prom theme, she knew she had to use them in the decorations. After dinner and before they left for the dance, they donned the masks for some pictures.
After the couples left for the dance, the parents (and two little brothers) had their own party! We sat down around the kitchen table and tried out the three course dinner too. We had a blast eating and visiting. What a fun evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a nice thing to do and a fun memory for all !
The dinner looks delicious! I think I'd like to come to a dinner like that! I think Bryce's color choice for the bow tie was perfect! I think he looks very handsome and Tori looks very pretty! It looks like they had a great time!
Post a Comment