
Yes, we took our poor dog to the lake. We even put her in her own life vest! Luna enjoys being with her pack (aka - the family), but she is not exactly a lover of water.

On Friday after school, we headed to Roosevelt Lake. We camped under the stars at Windy Hill since being inside a tent would be too warm. But after a night of Luna barking at anyone that made a noise nearby, and a neighboring campsite running their generator all night long, we decided that we could get up at the same hour (5:30am) after a good night's sleep at home and get on the lake at relatively the same time. Then we wouldn't have grumpy kids and worn out parents! Despite the poor camping experience, we had a great day on the lake.

Bryce took his worn out boogie board that he uses in the irrigation and devised a new water sport. We used a short rope, started out slowly, and he easily got up on the board and rode it outside the wake. He tried letting go of the rope a few times to see if he could surf the wake, but hasn't quite gotten a handle on that
maneuver yet. He also finished up the requirements for his
watersports merit badge with his new
wakeboard skills.

Michelle took the camera carefully out on the water for this shot of the boat in the lake. We are loving our boat!
4 comments:
I envy you your boat! I thought about it for about 10 seconds. I don't have anywhere to keep one or a vehicle to pull one...so I guess I shouldn't have one. But isn't being out on the lake just a blast!
nice boat, sweet seats (and pictures)! thanks for the email, you sound incredibly busy! we are in jerusalem, we went to church today (saturday) at the jerusalem center, it was really nice - i will write more an email to come once we get to turkey. send everyone my love.
That looks like so much fun! You are VERY brave to take your awesome camera into the water! but that's a great pic and now you have one of the boat on the lake!
By the way, I think Luna is just adorable. I have to come out and meet her!
Post a Comment