Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stake Conference by the Numbers

I think we have a mathematician on our hands.

We had Stake Conference this weekend. Adam had extra wiggles Sunday morning, so I told everyone they had an assignment. For Family Home Evening the next night we would be playing Stake Conference Jeopardy. Each person was to listen to conference and write down five questions from things that happened. There would be categories of 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500 points.

So we went armed with pencil and paper (Bryce used it as an excuse to have his iTouch on during church - yes you can really take notes on it but you have to keep your eye on him so he doesn't skip over to the internet too...)

Last night we played our game. It was a lot of fun. It was surprising how much "some people" actually listened. But after two of Adam's questions, Dan began to notice a trend - they all had to do with numbers! Adam had quantified Stake Conference. Here is a sampling:

1 - How many speakers were there at Stake Conference?

2 - What was the page number of the opening hymn?

3 - Have many speakers talked about Mongolia?

And the list went on. I guess I'll pay more attention to the numbers next time! Overall the game was a success. Everyone listened and remembered many stories and messages that were given. It worked well enough that we might try it for Sacrament Meeting once a month. Maybe I need to pay attention to how many pews are in the chapel....

2 comments:

Suzanne Barker said...

You always make everything so much fun!
And Bryce is looking like such a grown up in his beach photo!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a great game! You always have the best ideas!