Saturday, March 26, 2011
Smoothies
We've joined the Blendtec revolution! Morgan introduced us to the muscle blenders - the kind they use at Jamba Juice. She loves hers and raves about it every time we talk to her. The idea is that it chops everything up so well, that you can throw such things as spinach, carrots, or flax seed into your smoothie and never know it. Finally a way to get kids to eat their vegetables!
Adam and I were in Costco a couple weeks ago and they were demonstrating the rival brand, Vita-mix. We were both impressed. But since Morgan loves her Blendtec, we felt we need to give it equal time. It just so happened that the next week they were demonstrating Blentec blenders at another Costco. I took Adam and Bryce with me for consultants. We tried smoothies (with spinach and carrots hidden inside), spinach ice cream (delicious - can you imagine that??), chicken tortilla soup (hot right out of the blender) and even watched it make wheat into flour. After comparing the two, we were sold, and left Costco the happy owners of a new Blendtec.
So far we have mostly made smoothies, although we tried ice cream (it really works!). The best part is all the greens that can be hidden in the smoothies. And the texture is just like jamba juice. I see a lot of smoothies in our future this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ooooh, I am jealous now! Morgan has been bragging about hers but I wasn't convinced. I think I am now though!
I saw both of these demonstrations and I was very interested in them but I kept wondering if it would be like other things that I have to buy and up putting them aside and never getting the use out of them that I intended to get. However, after hearing about yours and Morgans experiences with them I think I may have to re-think this and break down and buy one. I am dying to find ways to incorporate more veggies into our lives! This may be the answer!
Post a Comment