Wednesday, June 6, 2012

All Star Math Challenge


I somehow missed posting about Adam being involved in the District All Star Math Challenge.  Six students were chosen from each school in the district to participate.  Adam was very excited to attend.


Adam's ALP teacher was unable to attend, so his homeroom teacher, Mrs. Brinkerhoff filled in as leader of the Sonoma Ranch team.  They let parents come towards the end to observe.  We were instructed not to distract the matheletes!  This was during a break - I was not being a distraction.


At the end there was an awards ceremony.  There is Adam going up to accept his certificate.


Adam had lots of fun doing math activities and challenges with other kids who have similar interests.


Not many kids have a smile this big on their face after an afternoon of math!  Great job, Adam!!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Great job Adam! I don't have a person in this house that would smile about math-I wish I did though. This is such an honor to get to do this. Way to go Adam!