Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Work Continues...

From Monday through Thursday, the workers arrived at 5:30 a.m. to work on the pavers. The backyard was off limits to Luna while the workers were here. After tearing out the cement the next step was to lay down sand and smooth it out. They put out plumb lines to follow, and after much work are ready to start placing pavers.

If a little dog should get out and run across the smoothed sand, it makes a mess. Yes, she did - and it was.

Here is a glance at how it will look. We are very happy with what they have done so far. The back patio is mostly done. On Monday they will finish going around the corner and paving up to the driveway. Lastly they will finish the edges and clean up. All this is supposed to be done by the end of the day on Tuesday. Do you think they'll finish in two days?

3 comments:

Lindsay Gunnell said...

This looks so wonderful! Boyd and I love the stone look. Thank goodness. Any more years with the painted concrete and we were going to buy you guys a scooba--the little robot that mops for you.

morgan larsen said...

I love the patio - I think it really blends in with the house and yeah for no more mopping before parties!! What are you going to do with all of the extra free time??

Bert and Benton said...

I looks great Michelle! I can't wait to see it in person!