Sunday, January 11, 2009

Michelle's Sunday Six

This is Dan's week for the Sunday Six, but since he is on call, and who knows when he will return home, I am trading weeks with him.

What has made me smile this week:

1. I love having my kids home, but I am smiling because the boys are back in school, and we have some order in our life again.

2. My dad had surgery again last Sunday - this time a total hip. I am smiling because the surgery went well. He is back in rehab again, but we are crossing our fingers he will be home faster than last time.

3. It was nice to get back to riding my bike. I ride to school with Adam in the morning, and then back again in the afternoon to accompany him home. I really love my bike. It is really a recumbent tricycle - it is perfect for me.

4. When I go to meet Adam in the afternoon, I visit with some of the other parents that are waiting. One of the moms, Debbie, told us she had not had a good day that day. She said when she got up she warned her family that she was wearing her grumpy pants - and if they didn't watch out, she would wash them and wear them again tomorrow! It more than made me smile - I laughed outloud.

5. Dan makes me smile. I am always amazed at how much he knows - and he can explain anything to anybody in an understandable way. Dan would dispute this, but I think he retains everything he hears or reads. He never makes you feel stupid - he just marvels at all there is to learn. What a guy!

6. I smile because Dan has a good job in a bad economy. I recognize that blessing every day.

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Michelle I loved your Sunday Six as I always do! I too was glad to have some routine again in our lives. I love the little story about the "Debbie and her grumpy pants." Man I'm using that little saying the next time I'm grumpy and who knows maybe I won't be so grumpy after I say that.
I also will totally agree with you about Dan. He is a fountain of knowledge and you are very right he never makes anyone feel stupid and he always explains things in a way that everyone (even me can understand)! However, I have always felt the same way about you and your great knowledge that you have. You are someone that I can honestly say knows something about pretty much anything but you are like Dan that you never make anyone feel stupid for not knowing what you know. You and Dan are an amazing couple that I truly feel blessed for knowing.
You are also right that Dan having a job in this economy is a huge blessing!
What a wonderful Sunday Six. I'm sorry I missed you today. Brilynn and I both had some upset tummies. Leaving the house wasn't something that either of us should do. Brilynn is a little better tonight but I sure hope mine gets better before the morning.
Well take care.
JoLynn