Sunday, July 3, 2011

FHE by Adam


Quite often Adam climbs into the car after church on Sunday and declares, "I have the family home evening lesson for tomorrow!"  Translation:  I had a great lesson in my Primary class, sharing time or music time and I want to share it.

Last week he came home with visual aids to cut out.  He cut out footsteps to stretch across the living room floor which ended up in front of a picture of Christ that he brought in from his bedroom (see picture above).  He had us each write several different good and bad choices and how many steps forward or backwards would be awarded.


Then he had Bryce be our "playing piece" and we tried to get him to reach Christ.  Some of the "choices" were experiences right out of our house (mostly Mom & Dad trying to make a point with Bryce & Adam - for example - "I chose to watch a television show I had already watched three times instead of doing my chore - move back 2 spaces!")

Adam also added in another lesson - every time we drew a particular choice card, Adam gave us a mini-lesson (again with visual aids) on the parts of prayer.  He has had some great lessons on Sunday and has been listening well.  It's always great to have the kids teach the FHE lesson!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is awesome! I love it when kids really get their lessons and have those "ahhh" moments. I to am so thankful for the wonderful leaders and friends that our kids have in this ward!