I have a friend (Cynthia Hale - although I know her as Cindy) who chronicles the adventures of her family on her blog. Something she has done a few times is write down things her family has said on trips. Her kids are hilarious! So as we started our trip, I told my family I had a notebook and would be writing down some of the things they said. I do realize that most of it will only be funny to us, but since this blog is really a journal (with pictures) for our family, I want to record them here. Hopefully you will get a chuckle too.
We found a bug on the hotel window in Niagara Falls.
Adam: Look, a two-headed bug!
Dan: I think it's 2 bugs making more bugs.
Bryce: Dad!!!
********
Any comment about something new in Niagara Falls was met with Bryce saying:
Bryce: We're in a different place!
(Had to be there for that one)
*******
Adam: I wonder what kind of chocolate I'll get on my pants tomorrow.
*******
Adam: I'm hungry.
*******
Dan: How can I have one foot smellier than the other? (stated while he was checking socks to see if they were clean).
*******
At the Whitewater rapids when Adam wanted to stay in the car rather than see the rapids:
Adam: Fine, I'll go. You've given me 15 reasons why I should go and none why I should stay.
*****
Adam: Roll down the window.
Bryce: I'm not rolling my window down until I hear the magic word.
Adam: Roll down the STUPID window.
*******
Adam: I'm hungry!
*******
Bryce: So there was a Simpson's episode where....(this was heard 271 times!)
*******
Adam & Bryce looking out at Times Square:
Adam: Awesome - free TV. Oh, it's all commercials.
*******
Adam: I'm HUNGRY!
*******
In our NYC hotel room:
Adam: I wonder how much their ice costs (to fill the ice bucket from the room - it was free!)
*******
Bryce: Mom, can I try your ear buds?
Michelle: Are you going to contaminate them by listening to The Simpsons?
*******
Michelle: Did you get my backside in that picture?
Dan: I'll erase it.
*******
Michelle: Adam, go take a quick bath and get dressed.
Adam: WHAT? I took a bath yesterday!
*******
Here are some fun signs and pictures we got on our trip:
There are a lot of "NO" signs in New York City.
This was found on the Rockefeller Center. It's hard to see, but there is a scripture reference -
Isaiah 2:4 (about beating swords into plowshares). Interesting, don't you think?
Someone put a face on the metro light. Cute.
We saw lots of these "Don't Honk" signs. Once we stopped and listened for one minute and counted 5 people honking. If NYC needs more revenue, they would have it in no time by enforcing this rule.
I need this sign at home. And I will be the person who decides what is deemed "unnecessary"!
How does anyone drive in NYC??
The week we arrived in NYC, the Church had introduced "I'm a Mormon" ads in the City. One ran repeatedly on a billboard in Times Square.
Electronics time seemed to be a good relaxer for two family members.
Bryce had to take this picture of the Coca-Cola sign which featured the Simpsons.
More electronics!
Dan took this picture to show how convenient our room was to the elevator in NYC (We are in the elevator looking at our room door). You would think it would be noisy, but we couldn't hear the hall traffic or the elevators once we were in our room. Actually on this trip all of our rooms were in a handy location in the hotel. This is unusual for us. We generally have to walk a maze of halls to our room.
Thus ends the record of our summer vacation. It was great fun. Now the question Dan always asks upon returning from a trip - when and where is our next trip?
3 comments:
Wow that was one busy trip but it looks like you got it all in and what great memories you made. I love the funny things people said on your trip. So fun!
Oh and tell Dan that if he needs someone to go with him on any trips just let me know. I can be packed pretty fast:)
I have been enjoying your family's trip with you. And btw, I'm jealous, what an amazing vacation.
"Roll down the STUPID window."
Hilarious!
Ahh, Michelle, A great trip! I have been to NY once a few years ago and did a lot of the same things. I was staying with my friend Robin in NJ though and we rode the train into the city everyday. I still haven't made it to Niagra Falls, but it is so on my list!
Post a Comment