What do you do in August when you have a free Friday morning - you head to the lake! We pulled away from the house just after 7:30 am and were on Canyon Lake about 45 minutes later. The water was smooth, the air not too hot, and the lake was not busy. A perfect combination.
We headed straight for the cliffs for some jumping time. Hayden and Drew joined us for a morning on the lake. The picture above shows Drew and Adam in mid-air. Next time I will take the shots from the side so you can see they are in the air and not standing on the rocks.
Dan took a turn jumping too. The cliff is about 15-20 feet high, although it seems much higher from the jumper's point of view - just ask Adam.
Hayden and Bryce tried to coordinate their jumps.
Then Drew and Adam gave it a try.
This is Hayden and Adam. From this point of view you can see that it is quite a leap. The starting point of their jump is where Bryce and Drew are standing.
Then it was tubing time. I took about 200 pictures in the 5 hours we were on the water. The following were voted best of show.
Anticipation - Adam.
I think we lost Adam off the tube right after this shot. See the slack in the rope. In another second it jerked the tube handles right out of his hands.
Both Bryce and Hayden are leaning to get outside the wake.
Hayden has figured out that he can jerk up on the tube just as he comes back over the wake on an S-turn, and he can catch some air.
Antics on the water - Bryce and Adam.
Drew.
Hayden.
Bryce.
I didn't get a close up of Adam. I think he was too busy jumping in and out of the boat at this point.
We motored up towards the dam. At this point the lake is really a river. We are in the boat in the channel, and the boys are standing on the shallow part of the river. You have to watch the depth along here. It almost looked like the boys were walking on water.
Then it was back to tubing. Look, Mom, no hands!
Hayden trying to help Drew off his tube.
The big tube even caught some air. Isn't that a nice shot of Weaver's Needle in the background? I think Canyon Lake is our favorite lake for scenery.
Is Adam screaming with happiness or fear?
More air.
Drew with lots of air. He hung on and made it through his flight.
Adam with some air.
I never caught Bryce's air time as well as the others. But here are some shots of him.
Ahhhhhhhh!
Bryce.
More Bryce.
Hayden.
Bryce.
Hayden.
The boys could have stayed all day, but we had to get back home. After three "just one last ride" we packed up and headed to shore. After all our times on the lake, we figured out this time to pack up everything while we are out on the water (much cooler), and then after loading the boat we weren't dying with the heat. We sacrificed our lunch time for "just one more ride", so we had our picnic in the car on the way home. Not a bad arrangement.
We sure enjoy living this close to the lake.
2 comments:
Nice! On your new driver: When I was up in Idaho, my nephew who is only almost 15, has his learners permit. (You can drive younger in Idaho) He asked me to go with him to see the fireworks on Pioneer day. Off we went with him driving. I said "How long have you been driving?" answer "one week, and this is my first time at night!"
I was quite taken aback! He did ok, but I have a lot of respect for the parents brave enough to put their lives in the hands of teenagers!
This post is so nostalgic for me. I miss the lake! I linked to your blog from mine--you should see if it shows up as me visiting this time :)
Post a Comment