1.Avoiding substance abuse 2. Understanding the growing-up process and how the body changes, and making responsible decisions dealing with sex 3. Personal and family finances 4. A crisis situation within your family 5. The effect of technology on your family"
As you can see there is a lot to discuss. Bryce did a good job leading the discussion, and it gave Mom and Dad a good opportunity to give some relevant "high points" on each topic. Even Adam was interested in the discusson. We covered a lot in just 35 minutes or so.
2. Getting to read a book again. Michelle told about a book that she was reading that the kids got her for Christmas, "Three Cups of Tea' about Greg Mortenson building schools in the remote and poor areas of the Karakorem Himilaya region of Pakistan. Michelle got the unabridged book on CD an put it on our itunes. I have been listening to it on my rides to work, etc. I am 2/3 thru it. It has a lot of relevance considering all that is going on in that region and in Afganistan. Unabridged audio books on the ipod free from the library--the only way to go!
3. Conference especially the music in conference. Our stake priesthood really sounds good as we sang along with the General Priesthood rest hymn, High on a Mountain Top.
4. It is always a great blessing to take your son to General Priesthood. Bryce and I had a good time.
5. I came home Friday and Michelle had made a batch of the best pickle relish you'll ever have! Debbie Letner had brought it to the YM/YW snow outing, I told Michelle about it, she got the recipe and bottled up 8 pints of it. What great stuff! I am a great fan of sweet pickle relish, and this stuff is the best there is. Thanks, Michelle!

6. Wednesday was the first day in a long time I had a day with no cases at work (i.e. a day off) and amazingly, no meetings to go to, either. I took off early in the morning with my motorcycle on the reciever hitch rack and went to Queen Valley for a ride up to the Roger's trough trail head. First m/c ride in over a year! It was a beautiful day and the ride was great. Did a little target shooting, too. Got back in the mid afternoon. A real day off, that will make you smile!
1 comment:
Ah a real day off. That is indeed a rareity. Boyd said priesthood was great--it's fun that we had the exact same church this weekend. Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment