Bryce groaned when I told him it was his turn. But even though Grandpa's funeral overshadowed the week, he found some good things to smile about.
1. Going to registration for 8th grade and getting a great schedule - even getting the teachers I hoped for. After a heavy duty morning I have jazz band and PE after lunch.
2. Spending time with my sisters and brothers-in-law. They were here for Grandpa Porter's funeral, but we had some fun playing games and hanging out too.
3. Mom and I found new Sunday shoes for me. It took four stores before we found some shoes that would stay on my feet - and that I liked.

4. Aunt Linda introduced us to a new TV series that is now on DVD, called Pushing Daisies. Our family really liked it and watched a bunch of episodes. Check it out.
5. Seeing lots of family at Grandpa's funeral. Even though it was a funeral, it almost seemed like a family reunion.
6. I'm looking forward to going to the lake this week for a Mutual activity.
2 comments:
That was a great Sunday Six. I'm glad that you were able to find something to smile about even though it was a sad week.
I'm glad that you have a great schedule. Today we find out who Conner's teacher will be. Hopefully he's as happy as you are.
We will have to check out the TV series Pushing Daisies. Sounds like something good. Blake is sure looking forward to the lake trip with the mutual too and Conner is just dying trying to figure out how he can come along since he's almost 12. He keeps saying I've been going to mutual for the last few weeks why can't I go to the lake trip. I keep telling him when you've gone to mutual they were doing things for scouts and you've been working on merit badges and things that you started with them at the scout encampment. We'll have to see what happens. But you have fun!
We had a great time seeing you too! I am excited to hear about your adventures in 8th grade. I really loved that year and it sounds like your schedule is going to be perfect. You will have to let us know when your jazz band concert is because we'd like to come.
Post a Comment