Monday, August 17, 2009

Michelle's Sunday Six

We are a little out of sync with our Sunday Six this summer. I think it is really Dan's turn, but since we are already a day behind, I'll jump back on the band wagon. Here are some things that made me smile this week.

1. School started! I know every mother has mixed feelings when school starts. It means saying good-bye to the relaxed schedule of the summer, and the feeling of freedom. But the funny thing is - it feels good to get back into a routine and start up a schedule again. We now have one week behind us. The boys are looking forward to fall break already. (Me too!)

2. Having some time to get projects done (see #1). We are putting a wall bed in Bryce's room and I finally got it ordered on Monday after months (maybe years) of thinking about it. It is due to be installed in mid-September. Now we have to pull everything out of Mr. Packrat's room and paint before the new furniture arrives.

3. I bottled 18 pints of chicken this week. My freezer feels much roomier.

4. We are back to riding bikes in the morning to school. I ride with Adam (Bryce wouldn't dream of me riding with him to Jr. High) and we take Luna for a little exercise. Luna is smiling about that too.

5. Dan and I had to speak in church on Sunday. I'm not smiling about having to talk - I'm smiling about it being behind me.

6. I spent one whole afternoon cleaning out the study. I found a notebook that I took to the cabin last summer. When we are at the cabin, I always make an extensive to-do list of projects big and small to complete in the next few months. I had to smile because there were three items (including Bryce's wall bed) which were on that list that I just finished this summer. Oh, well. I may not move quickly, but at least I'm making progress!

2 comments:

morgan larsen said...

I love the sunday 6. You had a good list this week, hurry for crossing things off the list!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Michelle-another great Sunday Six. I want to tell you and Dan again what a wonderful job you both did on your talks in Sacrament Meeting. I also think they were inspired on asking you two to speak on those subjects. Seriously, you two are two of the most learned people that I know. You both constantly amaze me.

I too have had those mixed emotions about school starting. But so far were off to a good start, minus all the homework, already. Oh well.

I hope you have a super week!

JoLynn