Every year in September, the Town of Gilbert has Constitution Week celebrating our Founding Fathers and the constitution. The activities culminate in the Constitution Fair. This was our first time to attend and we found it was a great event. They had several inflatables I'll bet you've never seen before unless you have attended this fair. They had an inflatable Washington Monument, Independence Hall (you could actually go inside), the three branches of government (can you name them?), and the Declaration of Independence.
They also had a replica of the Liberty Bell - minus the crack. They even rang it.
Here is Dan in front of the Liberty Bell too - wearing his "Stand for the Family" button.
The main reason we chose this year to attend was that we were asked to help with the kid booths. Michelle, along with three other ladies from the ward - Sherri Carpenter, Julie Hanks and Kristi Kellogg, came up with the idea of a "cannon ball toss". The cannon balls were red, white and blue pom poms and the kids tried tossing them into cups and bowls that we had put together. Everyone was a winner and left with a prize.
Here you can see Michelle and Adam in action. Adam was a great help handing out pom poms (retrieving them) and giving out prizes. It was a good event. Bryce missed out - he was at band practice. If you are in Gilbert, you should give it a try next year.





2 comments:
We have never been before until this year and I should say it was just Brilynn and I there this year but it was a great event! I was really impressed.
I was so sad that we missed the Constitution Fair this year. I love that event, but somehow didn't have my radar attunted for it this year. So glad you attended and even helped out. If you think about it remind me next year.
Post a Comment