Thursday, September 23, 2010
Dan's New Wheels
You may be used to spotting Dan in his big Ford truck, but you will need to look for a little red Mini Cooper these days as Dan starts driving his new commuter car.
Dan's group got the contract for the new Banner Ironwood hospital. With that, the hospital asked Dan to serve as Chief of Staff. So now instead of a 4 mile commute, he has a 20 mile commute that he will drive several times a month. We know lots of people that drive farther every day for work, but for Dan this has been a big change. So we started looking for a more economical car for the trips. Michelle suggested the Mustang since Dan had a Mustang when he was a kid, but the gas mileage wasn't much better than the truck. Then Dan started thinking about the Mini Cooper.
We looked at them last Saturday, but were too late to take a test drive (we actually got locked in on the lot and had to call the manager to let us out - but that's another story). We went back on Tuesday for a test drive and oh my goodness, the Mini drives like a sports car. What a fun ride! The gas mileage is great; the car is solidly built, and the acceleration. . . . When you see Dan, remind him to keep to the speed limit.
As a side note - the Mini is small enough that it fits in the third bay of our garage along with all the bikes and other miscellaneous stuff we pack in there. What a bonus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I am so so so jealous right now!!! I would love one of these cute sporty cars to zip around in! Hmmm.....some day!!! Until then I will just drool:) Enjoy!!!
P.S. I think Bryce is eyeing this car for himself in the near future:)
They are the cutest cars! And I have heard quite sporty.
I want to drive it! Do I really have to wait until November? Ugh, not fair.
That looks so fun!! Hopefully, the new car makes the long commute les miserable.
Post a Comment