Saturday, January 1, 2011

Quick Trip to Pinetop


Amid all the holiday activities we took a quick trip to Pinetop.  After talking to other cabin owners we realized we needed to do a few more things to winterize the cabin properly.  We always take Luna with us, but she can drive the boys nuts when she doesn't settle down right away.  This time we took the suburban and Luna had the whole third seat to herself.  Can you tell she didn't think this was a good idea?  Please can I come sit with you, Adam and share your hamburger?  Adam did not relent.


We had left the heater set on 45 degrees, so it was plenty cold in the cabin when we arrived.  But it warmed up in a few hours with the heater and the fireplace.  In the meantime we all wore layers of clothes and put layers on Luna too. 

We had a nice leisurely visit for 24 hours at the cabin - got things better ready for the cold weather and enjoyed looking out at the forest from our cozy seat by the fire.  Adam had come down with a bad cold/flu, so he mostly stretched out on the sofa bundled in blankets and recuperated.  A nice place for recuperation of any kind.  There wasn't much snow since the weather had "warmed" up, but we think we are ready for it now.

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Luna looks so cute! I'm glad that Adam was able to rest and recoup. I hope the rest of you didn't get sick!

Unknown said...

I just looked at your family blog for the first time. It was fun to read about and see pictures of your family. I can't believe how old Bryce is! I loved the pics of Elliott, he is adorable!
Happy New Year,
Darlene Alder