Friday, March 2, 2012

More Donuts!


You may have read our earlier post about making donuts.  Well, Adam liked them so much he went to school and told his teacher, Mrs. Brinkerhoff, that he would bring donuts for their holiday party.  I inwardly groaned when he informed me of this, but he had enjoyed the process so much, how could I say no?  These are those bonding times we live for, right?

I asked Adam when the party was, and he told me it was the last day of school, a Wednesday and a half day, before winter break.  I made a mental note in the calendar in my head and went on with holiday preparations.

On Monday night after family home evening, Adam casually mentioned, "Oh, Mom, our party is tomorrow instead of Wednesday.  Can I still take donuts?"  


Yes, we made the donuts.
Yes, it was 10:30 pm when we finished.
Yes, I had already made 4 dozen cinnamon rolls (as you can see in the background) that day as Christmas treats for friends and neighbors.
Yes, I was really tired that night.
Yes, it was worth it.  Just look at the smile on Adam's face in the top picture.  
I thought of President Uchtdorf's talk in September about considering whether something is a good sacrifice.  And when all was said and done, yes, it was a good sacrifice and a time Adam and I will remember and laugh about.  I love this kid!

1 comment:

Suzanne Barker said...

I am inspired by Adam's donut making. I have some donut making supplies that I haven't used yet. I will have to give it a try.