Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Puppy Luna by Adam Dahl

This is a piece Adam wrote about Luna, our dog. I've included a translation in case you are not currently fluent in 2nd grade writing. I will take the liberty to correct spelling. The drawing looks like Luna is in her crate, but Adam explained that she in on the back porch watching Bryce and Adam play ping pong (see the blue ping pong table) and waiting to snatch a ping pong ball when it falls out of play. We now buy ping pong balls in boxes of 25!

The story reads:

My Puppy Luna Lovegood Dahl's Nicknames

I have a puppy named Luna.
I have a cousin who called her Lulu.
Luna knows sit, stay, down, roll over,
Easy, trade, leave it, and dance.
She's a good puppy.
Last time I saw her mother
Her mother did not bark.
Luna barked and barked.
Her mom was scared.
I call her Teensy sometimes.
Oona, Poochy Dog, Smoochpooch, Dog,
Smell Bell, Sniff Biff, and Girl. (all Adam's nicknames for Luna)

2 comments:

Lindsay Gunnell said...

I love smoochpooch.

Jon & Becky Dahl Family said...

Adam, you write very well! I love all the describing words and the way you tell about Luna. You are writing a lot of good stuff. Way to go 2nd grader!!!!