
As we count down to Christmas (this is our countdown candle courtesy of the Hunts), many things have made me smile:
1. I'm done shopping! (Don't ask about wrapping...)
2. I managed to finish my shopping and never step foot in Toys R Us!
3. Dan and I went to a Messiah Sing-a-long. We have a tradition which started in Tucson of attending a Messiah Sing-a-long each year. We have had a harder time finding a performance in Gilbert, but the Val Vista Stake put together a marvelous performance this evening, and we squeezed it into our busy weekend. I'm so glad we did. Even though it doesn't help me find my note, I smile sitting next to Dan as we sing. He has a strong bass voice and it's fun to hear him sing out.
4. My dad was released from the rehab hospital. He returned home on Thursday after more than a month in the hospital and rehab. He still has a long way to go, but it sure is nice to have him back home.
5. School is out! I'm so happy finals are over - no more quizzing Bryce on his study sheets. Here we are working on algebra. All the projects are done, the parties are over, the teachers are gifted, and most of all I don't have to worry about getting kids to bed on time or up in the morning. Yeah!
1. I'm done shopping! (Don't ask about wrapping...)
2. I managed to finish my shopping and never step foot in Toys R Us!
3. Dan and I went to a Messiah Sing-a-long. We have a tradition which started in Tucson of attending a Messiah Sing-a-long each year. We have had a harder time finding a performance in Gilbert, but the Val Vista Stake put together a marvelous performance this evening, and we squeezed it into our busy weekend. I'm so glad we did. Even though it doesn't help me find my note, I smile sitting next to Dan as we sing. He has a strong bass voice and it's fun to hear him sing out.
4. My dad was released from the rehab hospital. He returned home on Thursday after more than a month in the hospital and rehab. He still has a long way to go, but it sure is nice to have him back home.
5. School is out! I'm so happy finals are over - no more quizzing Bryce on his study sheets. Here we are working on algebra. All the projects are done, the parties are over, the teachers are gifted, and most of all I don't have to worry about getting kids to bed on time or up in the morning. Yeah!

6. I'm smiling because it is Christmas. Despite all the stress of getting ready for Christmas, it really is a special time of year. As we sang the Hallelujah Chorus tonight, it was difficult to sing as I was reminded of my Savior and the sacrifice he made for me. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and that I can celebrate his birth with my family.
2 comments:
What a beautiful Sunday Six Michelle. Thank you for your constant example of a person who truly does live life as the Savior would want them to. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I have had over the last few years to get to work with you in Primary. You are an amazing woman. Thank you so much!
JoLynn
What a beautiful Sunday Six Michelle. Thank you for your constant example of a person who truly does live life as the Savior would want them to. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I have had over the last few years to get to work with you in Primary. You are an amazing woman. Thank you so much!
JoLynn
Post a Comment