Sunday, June 19, 2011
5th Grade Band
Adam has been playing the trumpet for a whole year now. His band concert was at the end of April (I'm still way behind on postings!). He was pretty excited about it. We got to the concert on time, and even got a seat where we knew we could see Adam.
When the band members came out, Mrs. Tongring, the band teacher came over to Adam and kept talking to him and looking at his instrument. Soon they came over to tell me that his valve was stuck. We worked and worked on it, but it would not come up - of all times! Luckily Talon Perkins was willing to loan his trumpet to Adam (Talon plays in the 6th grade band). Adam used his own mouthpiece and played the concert.
The next day I took the trumpet in to the music store. Luckily we had bought insurance, and a week later the trumpet was back with 3 working valves.
Thanks, Talon, for saving the day for Adam.
Great concert, Adam!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad it all worked out! I'm so glad that we have great friends out to help us out.
Post a Comment