Monday, February 16, 2009

Michelle's Sunday Six

Six things that made me smile this week:

1. Visiting Teaching conference. We met in the Hunt's garage "barn", had a delicious soup & bread dinner, were treated to a fun "Little Red Hen" skit about visiting teaching complete with real chickens, and played a fun guessing game about the sisters.

2. Bryce & Dan getting up at 4 am to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead before work and school. I got up and made biscuits and gravy to reward them when they got home.



3. Blue & Gold banquet - I guessed right on guacamole for 80 people! Adam is doing well in scouts and it makes me smile. Here is Bryce and Hayden Candland having dinner.

4. Taking Friday night off. Even though there was a ward Valentine party, we stayed home since we had been out every night this week. I always smile when we have a quiet night at home.



5. Valentine's Dinner in the Nude! A few years ago, Dan and I were having lunch at Flancer's (a local Gilbert restaurant) and they were advertising "Valentine's Dinner in the Nude". With that kind of title, who wouldn't read the flyer! They make up a gourmet meal that you then take home rewarm, and eat in the quiet of your own home (clothing optional). At that time it was hard to find babysitters, and wasn't that relaxing to fight the crowds for a reservation on the holiday, so we tried it. We order dinner, and a pizza for the boys. We set the table with a tablecloth and candles, break out a bottle of Martinelli's, and enjoy a fun dinner at home. Usually the boys wolf down their pizza and after about five minutes Dan and I are having a quiet dinner alone while the boys disappear to play. It is a fun tradition - you should give it a try! And by the way, the dozen red roses from Dan made me smile too...

6. Dan makes me smile with his ability to cajole the boys into a happy mood. He comes home after a long day and finds the boys and me at odds after our own long day, and before you know it everyone is happy. I always smile when Dan walks in the door!

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

As always I loved your Sunday Six. It looks like it was a great week.
We saw that flyer at Flancer's a couple of years ago. We have always had something going on and have never tried the "Valentine's Dinner in the Nude" but it looks like it's wonderful. Maybe next year we'll give it a try!

Hope you have another great week.
JoLynn

Cynthia said...

That was pretty bold of you to post a picture after writing that you purchased "Dinner in the Nude"!
btw - I love your Sunday Six idea.