Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fathers & Sons - a day at the lake

On Friday the Elliot Ward fathers and sons gathered at the Grapevine campsite on Roosevelt Lake for their traditional campout commemorating the restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood.



Dan and boys hooked up the boat (after many hours of work on the boat that we won't discuss) and headed up to join the fun. The evening program included Bryce narrating (Adam said he did an "excellent" job - high praise coming from your little brother) the Deacon quorum's depiction of the Priesthood restoration. Then Brother Crum and Brother Stradling heated up the oil for some delicious scones. Dan also packed the telescope and everyone got a chance to view Saturn in the dark skies away from the city. Adam thought it was pretty cool that you could actually see the rings on Saturn.


Tyler Perkins, Bryce, Austin Limon & Taylor Smith

The next morning after a delicious breakfast put on by the ward, they packed everything up and headed down to the water for some lake time. Dan kept the boat filled with people, and worked hard to give the tubers a wild ride. Looks like they are about to lose Tyler!



Dan even got a little ski time himself.



Adam's favorite part was jumping off the dock. Adam is on the right, leaping in with Tyler Perkins.

Yeah - summer is here - let's go to the lake again soon!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh it looks like so much fun!!! I'm so sad that my boys and Brian missed out on all the fun! They were planning to go until we found out that Blake's basketball tounament was starting on Friday night. Boy were they all bummed out.
I'm so glad that the boys and Dan had a great time.

Funny little thing on a side note. We happen to see a few of the boats in our ward getting ready to leave on Friday and Brilynn says (with kind of a far off wish in her eyes)"I bet that's fun. I've never been on boat before." Brian and I reminded her that she has been on a boat but she was only 3 years old. So maybe she doesn't remember. Anyway, then Blake says, well maybe you will date or even marry Bryce Dahl and then you can go on a boat lots. Brilynn's little head popped up and said, "Oh heavens Blake! Bryce would never like me like that!" Isn't that funny!? I got a big kick out of that!

Well I'm glad a fun time was had by all!
Enjoy your summer,
JoLynn

P.S. Thanks again for always having Conner over to play! He sure enjoys your family.