Sunday, May 10, 2009

Michelle's Sunday Six


1. How cool is it that I get to do my Sunday Six on Mother's Day! Bryce always complains that Adam gets all the holidays - but not this time! Yeah for Mother's Day!!


2. I was treated to a gourmet breakfast this morning. Adam made scrambled eggs and Bryce made waffles. Dan rounded things out with some delicious crispy bacon - just how I like it. It was a yummy leisurely morning.

3. A few years ago our ward started a tradition of instead of handing out flowers to all the mothers, they have all the women (young & old) meet in the cultural hall for an abbreviated Relief Society lesson. The men take over the Primary for the last hour and the Young Women join the Relief Society. After the lesson, the bishopric provides a scrumptious buffet of fruit, pastries, and cheese & crackers, and the sisters get to socialize for the remaining time. It's a great change - and it includes everyone. Having become a mother late in life, I've always loved Sheri Dew's quote that points out that Eve was called "the mother of all living" before she ever bore a child. So whether or not you have children - Happy Mother's Day!! And I truly mean it!

4. This week I finished the writing portion of my dad's life story. I have been working on it for about 7 months now, but lately with a little more urgency (and with a little more time available to work on it since being released from Primary). I already have a good number of pictures scanned, so now begins the next part of popping pictures and text into book software for printing.

5. I am the new Visiting Teaching Coordinator in my ward. And with this new calling comes the "opportunity" to learn how to use the computer at church to input the visiting teaching report. I spent two separate mornings this week over in the clerk's office bringing the reports up to date, and learning the ins and outs of the program. I'm all up to date - except as soon as you have everyone assigned, someone moves in or out. This calling definitely has job security written into it.

6. I'm smiling a big smile this week because of my family. I have a dear husband who worked hard to make this a special day for me. He is teaching Bryce and Adam how to be a caring husband and thoughtful companion. Each year he takes the boys to the florist shop to pick out flowers and a card ahead of time. Then on Saturday before Mother's Day he takes them to the florist to pick up the flowers and he has them deliver them to the front door. They ring the bell, and when I answer, they present me with the flowers and "Happy Mothers Day". In addition to a beautiful flower arrangement, they always bring me a sunflower. This year I got a sunflower from each of my sons! Thanks! I love you!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I think I'm a week behind on looking at your blog here. Where does the time go to? Well I really did enjoy your Sunday Six as usual! You are always such a sweet and positive person! I think that is wonderful that you are working on your Dad's life history. My Mom was just talking about getting going on my Grandpas. From the sounds of it I'm not sure if you have extra time not being in primary anymore. Your new calling seems pretty time consuming to me!

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day you for sure deserve it! You are such a great example to me of womanhood. You also have a great husband and wonderful boys and girls! The Dahl family is one of my favorite families for sure!

Have another super week!
JoLynn