Sunday, January 10, 2010

Michelle's Sunday Six

We've fallen behind with our Sunday Six, but they are fun to look back on so we will keep on going as the new year begins. Six things that made me smile this week are:

1. The New Year! It is always nice to have a new beginning - press reset - start with a clean slate - etc. I'm looking forward to a great year.

2. Christmas is all put away. Being gone to California over the weekend slowed us down, but now all the holiday decorations are down. The house seems empty, but it feels good.

3. I was able to vacuum the floors for the first time in 5 months. May not be high on your list, but it shows the progress I am making in my recovery. It is so nice to be able to do things for myself again. (Yes - it has been vacuumed in the interim - by my many helpers)

4. The weather is so lovely in Gilbert right now. I have been out in the backyard making a honey-do list for Dan. On our list are blackberry bushes. January/February is the time to plant them. We just heard of a thornless variety, so I will be trying to track those down this week.

5. I've been entertaining the idea of having chickens for fresh eggs. It seems like every where I turn there is an article about urban chickens, or I find someone who is raising chickens. Yesterday I spent a bit of time on the internet looking at chicken coops. We know several people who are raising chickens, so I'm going to ask for a tour and tips. Adam and I looked at chicken varieties online and found one that lays colored eggs - sometimes green, sometimes blue. Adam wants an "easter egg" chicken.

6. In honor of the new year I have been cleaning out. Enough stuff is accumulated in the garage that we will need the trailer to take it all to Deseret Industries. I worked in the study one day this week. I took out three garbage sacks of shredded paper and one garbage bag of plain old garbage. Sad thing is - you couldn't tell by looking at the study that anything had been removed! I'm not discouraged though. More garbage will be leaving this week. Soon we will look clutter free.

1 comment:

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Vacuuming is by far my favorite chore. I bought this vacuuming powder that makes it smell so fresh and clean every time I break out the hoover. So I understand it's all about the little things :)