Sunday, November 23, 2008

Michelle's Sunday Six

This has been quite a week. But despite the worries and frustrations, there have been moments that made me smile, but mostly moments when I was very grateful.

1. I am grateful that we moved to Gilbert to be closer to our family. My dad fell and broke his hip last week. Since we live here and not in Tucson, I have been able to see him every day. I smile to think I am close and not two hours away.

2. I am grateful for Dan, for his calmness and steadiness. I am most grateful that he is a worthy holder of the priesthood. I smiled through tears when Dan and Max gave Dad a blessing for his recovery.

3. I am grateful that urgent care has more than one person to give flu shots. It took three people plus me to hold Adam down for his immunization when he decided at the last minute that this was a bad idea. I was actually smiling as we left - I'm sure the staff talked about the experience all day. Bryce commented that he wants to go by himself next year. That made me smile too.

4. I am grateful that my dad was able to move to a rehab facility this week. After two surgeries, he was very confused and disoriented. The drugs are slowly moving out of his system. When he joked with the nurses on Thursday, I smiled because my dad was back!

5. I am grateful for two sons who have taken care of themselves this week while Dan and I have been at the hospital or rehab center. I smiled when we came home late one night and the house was in one piece, and Adam was actually asleep in his bed.

6. I have smiled each time I have crossed something off my to-do list this week as I prepare to have Thanksgiving at my house for 50 people. I laughed when Dan told me rain is predicted - after all this summertime weather in November, we are expecting rain. So I smiled and formulated Plan B.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I know we will!

1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I really enjoyed your Sunday Six Michelle. You are truly one of my favorite people I know. You are an amazing woman and I question often how you can do all that you do so well with a smile on your face.
I'm glad to hear that your Dad is doing better. I do however, wish that I had been being a better friend and neighbor and would have invited your boys to our house to play. My goodness, I definately owe you with all that you have Conner at your house. I often wonder if we should be paying you rent for as much as he is there.
I wish you luck with your Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is at our house this year. I too have been trying to come up with a Plan B for the possible rainy weather however, we will only be having about half the people at our house that you are at yours. Good luck with everything and we will keep your Dad in our prayers. Have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
JoLynn