
I (Michelle) have been tagged by my friend, Suzanne, to write a list of movies I have seen in 2008. Having a Blockbuster online membership, we seldom rush out to see a movie. As I made the list, I realized that only three of the titles represented trips to the theatre! So I referred to our rental history and came up with the following list and star * ratings:
Wall-E *** (Cute, but my favorite Pixar is still Cars. Adam can imitate Wall-E's voice - and he does - again and again....)
Get Smart ***** (I grew up with the Get Smart TV show - so I was already sold)
Horton Hears A Who ** (The book was better!)
Penelope **** (A cute movie with a good message)
Speed Racer **** (Better than I expected)
The Bucket List *** (Makes me want to make a list of my own)
Dan in Real Life *** (I like Steve Carrell)
Nancy Drew **** (Well done! Another good family movie)
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium ** (Very visual, not a lot of substance)
Becoming Jane **** (I am a Jane Austen fan)
The Astronaut Farmer *** (Been a while since I saw it, but I recall it being pretty good)
27 Dresses *** (The parade of bridesmaid dresses was worth the rental)
The Ultimate Gift ***** (Make everyone you know sit down and watch this movie)
The Other Boleyn Girl *** (Reviews said the book was better. The movie was good enough to make me want to read the book)
Spiderwick Chronicles *** (Good family movie)
Nim's Island ** (Had possibilities - but didn't get there)
As you can see, I pick movies purely for entertainment. If you have any recommendations, send them my way. Try making a list of your own too!
Wall-E *** (Cute, but my favorite Pixar is still Cars. Adam can imitate Wall-E's voice - and he does - again and again....)
Get Smart ***** (I grew up with the Get Smart TV show - so I was already sold)
Horton Hears A Who ** (The book was better!)
Penelope **** (A cute movie with a good message)
Speed Racer **** (Better than I expected)
The Bucket List *** (Makes me want to make a list of my own)
Dan in Real Life *** (I like Steve Carrell)
Nancy Drew **** (Well done! Another good family movie)
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium ** (Very visual, not a lot of substance)
Becoming Jane **** (I am a Jane Austen fan)
The Astronaut Farmer *** (Been a while since I saw it, but I recall it being pretty good)
27 Dresses *** (The parade of bridesmaid dresses was worth the rental)
The Ultimate Gift ***** (Make everyone you know sit down and watch this movie)
The Other Boleyn Girl *** (Reviews said the book was better. The movie was good enough to make me want to read the book)
Spiderwick Chronicles *** (Good family movie)
Nim's Island ** (Had possibilities - but didn't get there)
As you can see, I pick movies purely for entertainment. If you have any recommendations, send them my way. Try making a list of your own too!
1 comment:
Michelle, It was interesting to see your list and made me want to see some I haven't yet. I just saw The Other Boleyn Girl, last night. It was very interesting. I may write a blog entry on that. I heard Get Smart was awful and so haven't seen it, but think I will add it to my Netflix list since you recommend it!
Post a Comment